Luxury Senior Living Communities
In Kendall, Coral Gables & Homestead
Is looking for
Certified Social Worker
Homestead Manor Nursing Home
1330 NW 1st Avenue Homestead, FL 33030
The #1 Priority of this position is…
To develop and implement Social Services within the facility by identifying and providing for the medically related social and emotional needs of the residents.
Assist family members with their needs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain appropriate Social Services records, including but not limited to a Social History, psychosocial assessment, discharge plan, progress notes & an appropriate Plan of Care.
- Provide counseling services to assist residents with problems of emergency or crisis nature.
- Establish and maintain a good family support network for each resident following admission.
- Provide needed assistance to meet the resident’s physical, social and emotional needs through consultation with the resident, family, other facility staff and/or significant others.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related human services field of study (i.e. Psychology, Special Education, Rehabilitation Counseling or Gerontology).
- A minimum of 1 year of supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals.
- Experience in long-term care, geriatric or special population programs.
- Experience in group counseling/Dynamics.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English. Spanish preferred.
- Basic math skills required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Polite, responsible, caring, punctual, resourceful, very accurate and detail-oriented.
- Flexible as to work schedule. Must be available to work on weekends, holidays & in emergencies.
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic and the ability to work independently AND as a team member.
- Exhibit an enthusiastic and friendly personality that has aptitude for working with a variety of people.